Senior Software Developer
Cornerstone Systems Northwest is an IT services firm that builds custom software and provides infrastructure support to clients large and small, public and private. An early adopter of distributed working, CSNW has over two decades of experience honing the processes and culture of remote work, work/life balance, and flexible working.
We’re a small group of passionate software developers building applications in the diverse areas of industrial risk management, remote team collaboration, and scientific data analysis, visualization, and decision support. We are looking for an intelligent, curious, collaborative craftsperson to join us.
What follows is a wish list of skills and aptitudes. We’re eager to hear from candidates who can demonstrate expert level ability along with at least 4 years experience in a mix of some of them.
- Progressive web applications (PWAs) for browsers, including hybrid development with Electron (desktop) and PhoneGap/Cordova (mobile)
- MVC and other JS libraries like React, Backbone, Underscore, Bootstrap, and jQuery
- Node.js, npm, methodologies, and common packages like Express and Async
- Relational Database Development (PostgreSQL, SQLite a plus)
- Web build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Make, etc)
- Familiarity and willingness to learn & work with: Python, Obj-C/Swift, and C.
- D3.js, Observable
- CI/CD Methodology & Tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Working with Containers (e.g. Docker)
Core Requirements (You'll need all of these, no exceptions.)
While the technical skills are negotiable, these soft skills are a must:
- Strong communication skills, in English, both verbal and written
- Willingness to endure a rigorous set of interviews and assignments to determine capability and suitability
- Must be a strong self-starter and able to work well independently with honesty and integrity
- Must be eligible for US employment
- Must pass US Government background check / security clearance
We work in academic fields. While we are not all academics, you’ll find these things useful here:
- Computer Science / Applied Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis
- Machine Learning / Decision Support
- Operations Research
- Physical and Electrical Engineering
- Data Visualization
- Human Interface Design
- Graphic Design
The Way We Work
- Remotely (we’ve been a remote team since 1999)
- Agile methodology
- Pivotal Tracker
- GitHub Flow
A Note About How We Hire
First, we don't use screening software; real humans will review your application. Second, we're not interested in plugging people into product or client silos. Rather than start the recruitment process with a rigidly predefined role, we prefer to outline a wish list of skills and aptitudes and seek candidates who possess a mix of some of them. When a particular skill or educational requirement is non-negotiable, we indicate that in our job descriptions. Otherwise, we hope that interested job seekers will apply and let us know the areas of growth that interest them most.
Rate: $80k-130k/yr, DOQ/DOE
Hours: Hours: Full-time, remote (US based)
Principals only please
Closing date: 08/15/2021